[Mnbird] Hadley Lake Report

Peter L Gilles gilles_peter_l at msn.com
Fri Sep 24 18:19:49 CDT 2021

A couple dozen Robin's have been hanging around all day.  I first noticed them rooting around the fresh mowen grass in the front yard.  This afternoon,  they are pretty much focused in the trees and ground in the back yard.

My "backyard " is predominantly a wild collection of trees.  They provide a rich leaf covered floor.  These thrush family birds seem to like nothing better than kicking and scratching at the ground cover looking for a choice morsel.

I think hanging  around all day would imply that they are being successful.   Note, I also have a water source on my deck.

After a very sparse Summer for Cardinals at my feeders, the number seems to have increased in the last week or so.  I know a good percentage of them are this years fledgling who have discovered a quick source of food.

The two regular males seem to have completed their molt and appear a beautiful,  healthy red.

Not a bird item, but my albino squirrel has hung around all Summer.  He sometimes disappears for several days, but then mysteriously shows up again -- I call him the "Ghost".  He appears to have a notch in one ear -- a scuffle with one of his peers??

Sent from Pete's Galaxy S21 Ultra