[Mnbird] Birdsong at dusk in my neighborhood has suddenly ceased

Lois Willand loiswilland at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 21:27:43 CDT 2024

In the few days before the summer solstice, I'd been enjoying listening to
the pre-sunset concert of neighborhood robins, cardinals and jays on my
street in Minneapolis just east of the main campus of the University of
Minnesota.   I'd note how the various birds seem to be carrying on a song
conversation, and how as darkness increased there would be a decline in the
song exchange until the last bird stopped singing and all was quiet.   But
since June 20, there has been no bird song at all in the evening.   Has
anyone else noticed a similar dropoff in evening birdsong?
Lois Willand
Minneapolis