[Mnbird] Summer Tanager/Freeborn County

Allen Batt snoeowl at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 11:01:41 CDT 2023

There is a first spring male Summer Tanager in my yard. I’ve thanked him for brightening my day.
  As I fled a drugstore, I heard a Purple Martin cheerleading practice and looked up to see American White Pelicans flying low enough that their nuptial tubercles were exceptionally evident and above them, a Red-tailed Hawk circled the day. According to the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, the pelican’s wingspan reaches 114 inches and the hawk’s stretches to only 52 inches. I love being astonished.

Al Batt
Hartland