[Mnbird] Niger

DONALD GRUSSING Owner cdrussin at centurylink.net
Sun Nov 20 10:48:10 CST 2022

Does anyone know if squirrels eat niger seed.  I like to spread some on the ground for the juncoes that hang around,  but I see the squirrels sniffing around and I hope they aren't hogging the supplies of this expensive treat.  I have a couple of Mensa  juncoes that have figured out bird feeders, but most don't.

When turkeys were not so abundant a flock adopted my back yard and during a winter heavy snow purchased some wild game food for the two dozen hanging around. But I watched the turkeys ignore the corn and other grain and inhale the niger, or so it seemed.

I hope this is not thecae with the squirrels.

Don Grussing
Minnetonka