[Mnbird] Unusual Hawk Sighting

Thomas Schenk schen016 at umn.edu
Mon Mar 21 16:47:15 CDT 2022

A few times this winter I have seen a hawk near the southeast corner of
Cretin Derham school. This hawk is all white except for a dark tail. I'm
pretty sure it is a red-tailed hawk - it's the right size and shape, but
this is whiter than any of the light phase red-tails I've seen pictured.
With the exception of the dark tail, it is as white as a snowy owl, which
is what I mistook it for the first time I saw it.

I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with this hawk?

Thanks.