[Mnbird] Pewees everywhere!

Paul Lender lender at umn.edu
Tue Aug 16 13:12:04 CDT 2022

I suspect both.  I was at Sherburne NWR Wildlife Drive yesterday (8/15) and
there were tons of Pewees also.  I reported 8 but there were a lot more.

What made this interesting is that there were also a couple of Olive-sided
Flycatchers in the mix.  I'm sure of two, but I suspect 5.  Some "extreme"
juvenile Pewees look  "vested" but when you see the two species within a
few feet of each other you can see the size and shape differences easily.
The OSFLs suggest a migration pulse.

-- Paul Lender
Paul Lender
University of Minnesota Dept. of Orthopedic Surgery
2450 Riverside Ave. South, Suite R200
Minneapolis  MN  55454
Voice:  612-273-8053
FAX:  612-273-7959