[Mnbird] Banding season is slowing down

lmsirvio at comcast.net lmsirvio at comcast.net
Sun Oct 30 17:30:10 CDT 2016

Interesting Jay feathers. I’m not sure you could call this leucistic since leucisism implies a lack of pigment and we know jays do not have blue pigment. The normal blue color is caused by light interaction with
feather microstructure. So something happened to the feather when it was being formed.  Interesting for sure.

Larry S