[Mnbird] Hok-si-lah Field Trip

Steve Weston sweston2 at comcast.net
Mon May 9 00:51:02 CDT 2016

About 40 people attended the annual MRVAC Hok-si-lah warbler field trip to
Frontenac area in Goodhue County. And, the birding was awesome. I counted
89 species for the day with 21 species of warbler. We found nothing
unexpected, but we did see all six species of swallows and four species of
terns, We also had a Common Loon, a flight of 4 Red-breasted Mergansers,
and one of 4 Spotted Sandpipers. Baltimore Orioles were for the most part
missing in Hok-si-Lah, but quite vocal along Sand Point Trail in the
afternoon. Other birds included Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Great Creasted
Flycatcher, Franklin's Gull, and Swainson's Thrushes.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
sweston2 at comcast.net