[Mnbird] Black-throated Blue Warbler, Cook Co.

Margevicius, Thomas S. TSMARGEVICIU at stthomas.edu
Sat Jun 13 10:38:55 CDT 2015

From 6:30-9:30 am Sat June 13 I birded the Oberg Mtn. loop trail in Cook Co., near Lutsen MN. I saw and heard black-throated blue warblers in four different locations along the trail, indicating multiple breeding pairs. Get there early: by 9 am many birds were no longer singing.
Saw and heard many northwoods birds, including Swainson's and hermit thrush, winter wren, purple finch, yellow-bellied flycatcher, drumming ruffed grouse, and common loon. Total of 14 species of warbler, including Canada, mourning, Nashville, n. parula, black-throated green, yellow-rumped, c. yellowthroat, Am. redstart, chestnut-sided, magnolia, black-and-white, and the ubiquitous, obstreperous ovenbird.
Good birding to you all,
Fr. Tom Margevičius
Sent from my iPhone