[Mnbird] Eurasian Tree Sparrow/Dakota Co.

dan&erika danerika at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 07:34:20 CST 2014

Hi All—

Yesterday, Gerald Hoekstra and I saw the Eurasian Tree Sparrow being
reported near Hastings in Dakota Co.  We both were able to take
photographs, which are on my blog this morning:

http://dantallmansbirdblog.blogspot.com

Conditions were not ideal for photography.  I find digital photography
difficult in extreme frigid weather—temperatures were -5 degrees, not
counting the wind chill.  Blue Jays bullied the House Sparrows and the
Eurasian Tree Sparrow away from the feeders, so the birds only spent a few
seconds at the feeders at any one time. As per the wishes of the home
owners, we took photos from the street, so closeup shots were not possible.

Nevertheless, Eurasian Tree Sparrow was a lifer for Gerry and new for my
North American list.

dan

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota
danerika at gmail.com

http://dantallmansbirdblog.blogspot.com

".... the best shod travel with wet feet...Beware of all enterprises that
require new clothes ....”—H. D. Thoreau