[Mnbird] Geese formations

Carla Smith Carla at sundogfarm.info
Thu May 30 19:56:31 CDT 2024

What is going on with the geese today?  I’ve seen and heard about 8 large formations flying over honking continuously.  The first two were at about 4 and 4:30 this morning before it was even light.  They were so loud and it went on so long that it actually woke me up!  Seems like a strange time of year to be flying in large formations.  Most have been heading northwest although part of the most recent one was circling a bit.  Are they perhaps sensing unsettled weather on the way?

I’m in Independence just northwest of the lake.

Carla