[Mnbird] wren behavior

linda whyte birds at moosewoods.us
Sat Jul 13 10:54:34 CDT 2024

Sometimes I wonder if they check an empty box for spiders and other insects
they can glean as they forage.
 Our nest box is one the Wren used last year. This year, the Chickadees
occupied it, and their babies fledged before the Wren ever came back,
luckily. The Wren cleaned it out and stashed twigs there, but I cleared the
twigs so I could sanitize the box.
 The Wren seems to be nesting close by. He never moved back in, but has
entered the box for brief forays. Hard to say if he's making sure no rivals
have intruded or he's hoping to find his stash of twigs restored, or to
score some food.
Linda Whyte