[Mnbird] FoY indigo bunting Wright County

Tami Vogel tvogel at wrcmn.org
Sun May 7 19:43:55 CDT 2023

How fun! Mine haven’t returned yet...

I sent an email on Friday to mnbird and it doesn’t look like it was distributed. Maybe this reply will be.

Arrived home from work on Friday to a gorgeous male RB grosbeak at my feeders. A second male joined him late yesterday.

Other FOY yard birds this weekend include golden-winged warbler, white-crowned sparrows (which I haven’t had in years!), YB sapsucker and house wrens who are filling the air with their warbling chatter.

Two random juncos showed up today, oddly both missing tail feathers so only the white retrices are showing. Which makes my science geek  brain wonder if this is why they’re straggling, a sign of some underlying condition or truly just a random occurrence.  They're hanging with the 70+ WTsparrows who are in constant motion in the yard.

A few yellow-rumpeds still here but the horde left yesterday with the pine warblers. Purple finches swarm the feeders.

RCkinglets were all over the place this past week, but I've not seen a single one today, lol. Just poof! Gone.

It's so fun to watch the waves of spring migration.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

 - Tami in Afton