[Mnbird] Tennessee Warbler

MARY ANN MCDOUGAL 11921 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 30 18:57:59 CDT 2022

For the last two days (9-29 & 9-30) we’ve been trying to ID this bird. There are two of them and they spend a great deal of time on Black and Blue Salvia since there have been no hummers for 3 days now. We could not tell if they were after the seed or the nectar. First we thought it was the pale version of the Blackburnia by using the warbler app. Then we tried Cornell ID which came up as a possible Philadelphia Vireo. By looking at similar species we came upon Tennessee warbler, the only one of the 3 which feeds on nectar.
And it is quite tasty and sweet as I tried it myself this afternoon.
Husband Don is photographer.

Mary Ann
SW Lino Lakes
Anoka Co.