[Mnbird] Niger

MARY ANN MCDOUGAL 11921 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 20 12:47:23 CST 2022

Yesterday I saw a black squirrel who appeared to be eating Carpenter Ants. The reason I suspect this is that Red bellied Woodpeckers frequent the same spot 20 feet up in a Red Oak.
I found a web site (now lost) which said yes indeed Squirrels eat ants and almost anything else if hungry enough. The site did say the they DO NOT eat Safflower or Niger. The only birds I see at my Niger feeder are Black Capped Chickadees.
Give it a try Don.
Mary Ann