[Mnbird] A lovely spot in Stearns County

Allen Batt snoeowl at aol.com
Tue May 24 11:41:58 CDT 2022

 I moseyed down the trails of Quarry Park and Nature Preserve, a 684-acre park in Waite Park and the site of former granite mining quarries. This wasn’t long after golf ball-sized hailstones had battered my car. As I looked for ornaments in the trees, handsome Scarlet Tanagers seemed unafraid as they searched for food. I heard an Ovenbird sing, “Nature, nature, nature,” its ringing song becoming stronger toward its conclusion. Nature was good company, even with hail.

Al Batt

“Do something wild today. Look at a bird.” — Al Batt