[Mnbird] RHWP

Trisha * grommet94 at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 21:27:59 CDT 2022

Hi Mary Ann,
I’m surprised you haven’t seen them prior as they migrate North to the UMN Ecosystem Science Reserve and I would think they would pass through Lino. I’m in East Bethel, right by the preserve, so I’m lucky they visit my feeders regularly. I’m a volunteer on the project and we are currently collecting tracking information to learn where they overwinter in the years they migrate (some overwinter here, some leave, each year is a bit different; something else we’re learning!). If you see more, keep an eye out for backpacks (GPS trackers) and leg bands!

When I zoom in on your picture, it appears the bird may have bands. Could you check your husband’s pictures and see if any of them show bands? I would be so curious as to if we can identify this individual!

~Trisha