[Mnbird] FOY Ovenbird and Orchard Oriole

Pamela Brustman gleskarider at gmail.com
Fri May 13 14:43:44 CDT 2022

FOY and first seen by me in this new home location is an ovenbird!
AND, a lifer for me, a male orchard oriole!
I have never been gifted by such a sighting until now.

I am beginning to think my grieving at the seeming lack of diversity here
in St Michael vs Oak Grove is misplaced.
Now I am getting sightings! And in living at the oak grove loc for nearly
20 years, never saw an orchard oriole.

My feeder aray is crazily overtaken by more grossbeaks (RBGB) than I can
count, male and female, they are literally lining up in queues
for the various seed blocks, seed feeders, and occasionally the jelly.

I also have at least a half dozen male orioles, of the bright Baltimore
variety, and now also at least one male of the Orchard.

Wheeeee!!!!!!!

Pamela, St Michael, on the Crow river, Wright County

- Pamela
Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to
accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. - Unknown

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
― Aldo Leopold
I am one who cannot.