[Mnbird] Delightful Mothers Day Birds

Brian and Cindy Drill bcdrill at charter.net
Sun May 8 11:01:58 CDT 2022

Good morning to all!

I saw my first hummingbird this morning--feeders went out yesterday--a
male, about 7:30 this morning.  I walked from the back of the house
where I had viewed it through the back window, and in front on the
feeders were RB Grosbeaks--males and females.  Over several minutes of
watching, we observed as many as 5 pair.  One male has some leucistic
feathers on the back so that it is more white with just black
splotches.  There is at least one plair of the Grosbeaks still coming to
the feeders several hours later.  The last FOY was a male oriole coming
to the feeders as well.  I had seen a male in the trees 2 days ago, but
this one is now coming into the yard.

The only bird missing from my 'list' is an Indigo Bunting--for some
reason I have observed them on Mothers Day as a passing visitor more
often than other dates.  Cindy in North Mankato