[Mnbird] Brown booby

carol schumacher birdminn at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 11:28:02 CDT 2022

The Booby was also seen briefly from Prairie Island road. Scope is necessary. Through a small opening among the trees a barge was visible with the booby tucked among many gulls. It does not stand out.

For safety reasons it’s not the best idea to try among the grain elevators. They take trespassing seriously.

To view from the art museum ask permission, even offer to pay the admission fee.  Scope is necessary to see the distant barges.

To view from the road, pull off along Prairie Island road. Walk back on Riverview Drive (no parking).  Again, use a scope.

This bird is moving around. I thought I saw it yesterday in poor light but it flew around the corner out of sight.

And the next question, was it barge assisted in getting here?

Carol Schumacher
Winona on the Mississippi