[Mnbird] A glass act

Allen Batt snoeowl at aol.com
Sun Apr 10 20:32:24 CDT 2022

A Black-capped Chickadee is fighting with his image in window glass. He makes gargling sounds indicative of territorial concern as he battles. He strikes the glass with a fierce, yet charming facility. Cardinals and robins are regulars in that boxing ring, but I’ve seen Wild Turkeys, Great Crested Flycatchers, Chipping Sparrows, Baltimore Orioles, Eastern Bluebirds, a rooster chicken and other species fighting with windows. The glass in my windows remains undefeated.

Al Batt
Freeborn County