[Mnbird] Spring!

Steve Weston sweston2g at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 00:20:48 CDT 2022

We have a pair of Trumpeters at Quigley Lake that I have observed
copulating. The lake looks like prime habitat for raising a swan brood.
And, they have been here for about a week. Canada Geese, Wood Duck,
Mallard, and Hooded Mergansers are all hanging around and I expect them to
stay.
I went for a walk at Whitetail Woods (Dakota) County Park in part to scout
for the crane count next weekend. I did find a pair of cranes as well as
pairs of all the mentioned waterfowl, as well as N. Shovelers. The park was
flush with singing robins, redwings, and song sparrows.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
sweston2g at gmail.com