[Mnbird] Carolina Wren at Bennett Lake, Roseville Central Park

Paul Lender lender at umn.edu
Sun May 9 14:10:52 CDT 2021

There was a Carolina Wren in the shoreline willows along the north shore of
Bennett Lake in Roseville Central Park at about 1:15pm today.  The white
eye stripe stood out and its bill seemed quite long, which I now realize
was the contrast between the bill and white throat.  Plus it just didn't
behave like a house wren -- it hopped back and forth in the shrub in front
of me, giving me good looks.  In my experience house wrens hide, flee, or
scold me if I'm that close.

-- Paul Lender
Paul Lender
University of Minnesota Dept. of Orthopedic Surgery
2450 Riverside Ave. South, Suite R200
Minneapolis  MN  55454
Voice:  612-273-8053
FAX:  612-273-7959