[Mnbird] Who jousts with your window?

Richard Schroeder avsaxman at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 16:23:25 CDT 2021

 American Robins love to fight their reflections in my windows all spring & early summer.
Ruby-throated Hummingbirds apparently simply "admire" their reflections in my windows, but only in front of the black silhouettes of raptors that stick to my windows.  Or, maybe they're just analyzing the black outline against an apparent forest reflection behind them.
Prior to putting up the silhouettes, I've had a variety of birds attempt to fly through the windows.  Some died, sadly.  Some I was able to rehabilitate & they flew away.  Birds of both types included:
OvenbirdPine SiskinCommon RedpollRuffed GrouseMagnolia Warbler
It's not a yard list I'm proud of, but I'm less ashamed now that I have something on the glass to (apparently) break the plane and get the birds to fly away from the glass instead of towards it.

Rick SchroederIn the Little Red HouseIn the Saginaw Wood