[Mnbird] Squirrel Wars

cheriserobb15 at gmail.com cheriserobb15 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 20:18:48 CST 2021

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year. As my
subject line indicates, I have been at war with the squirrels who love
eating my expensive offerings out of my feeder. This isn't just an ordinary
feeder. It has a microphone inside and a transmitter that I have in my house
that transmits all the sound on and around the feeder. This enables me to
hear and identify the birds by sound since I am sightless. So far we have
live-trapped and relocated twelve or thirteen squirrels to the other side of
the river but there always seems to be more. My feeder is a hopper-style
feeder with perches all around it. The lowest part of the feeder is about
four feet off the ground and I have a baffle underneath. However, they are
able to get up there anyway. I'm sure many of you have had battles with our
acrobatic, agile bird competitors. I would be interested to know how you
have dealt with them. I will say, my step count has increased a lot from
chasing them. Lol. Thanks.

Cherise Neustrom, Clearwater, MN