[Mnbird] Hooded and Cerulean Warblers, Murphy-Hanrehan Park Reserve

linda whyte birds at moosewoods.us
Sat May 30 14:54:20 CDT 2020

Returning to the area between trail markers 13 and 15 in hopes of
re-finding the Summer Tanager I'd heard there Thursday, I was happily
surprised to hear instead, the ascending zip-buzz of Cerulean Warblers.
They were foraging high in the trees on the north side of the trail, along
a steep incline, for some 20 minutes or more. Although this trail is part
of a traditional Hooded Warbler area, no Hooded was detected between
markers 13 and 15; however there was one both heard and seen north of there.
The other summer species in evidence included: Great-crested Flycatcher, E.
Wood Pewee, Scarlet Tanager, Ovenbird, Wood Thrush, Veery, Red-eyed Vireo,
E Towhee,
Common Yellowthroat, American Redstart, and Blue-winged Warbler...a very
nice choral mix.
Linda Whyte