[Mnbird] Robins, etc.

Brian and Cindy Drill bcdrill at charter.net
Sun May 10 10:36:41 CDT 2020

Good morning, and a Happy Mothers Day to all.  I discovered this morning
that a pair of robins have built their nest on the top of a trellis of
honeysuckle at the back of my house, at about 6' off the ground.  This
is conveniently located behind the BBQ grill, at the corner of the
carport, adjacent to the sidewalk that leads to the patio.  We have had
them build under the overhang of the carport in the past, where they fly
off in a panic each time the car enters or departs.  I cannot imagine
how much exercise they are going to get if they are disturbed every time
we walk out of the house!  They are also eating me out of my mealworm
allowance.

I have been visited by a couple of male Orioles a couple times a day,
and while they have yet to partake of my jelly and oranges, they do
enjoy the birdbath.  A male RT hummingbird has been seen  at least once,
morning and late afternoon, for a few days in a row.  Goldfinches are
becoming more numerous, and I also have a Swainsons thrush visiting me.
I have been keeping my eyes peeled in case I get one of my rare Indigo
Bunting sightings--they don't always pass through here, but when they
have, it seems to coincide with Mothers Day.

Cindy in North Mankato