[Mnbird] Hummingbirds

carol schumacher birdminn at yahoo.com
Sun May 10 06:59:27 CDT 2020

5:30am, 38 degrees, cloudy,rain, NW winds 16-22 mph, yuk.

0f 6 hummingbird ports 3 Ruby-throated Hummingbirds in stupor were perched.
2 adult males, one female with some white on her wing.

Spring usually brings just a few over time. A male has already T’d for  patrolling.
The weather certainly made a difference today. Or have they been here without notice.
A feeder check will become part of my morning.

Our yard is full with other shelter  (cedars, spruce, small leafed crabs) and hidden places. If there were 50 hummingbirds here I could never find them.

Sibley.’s  NYT teaching moment is art and text. Nice.

Happy Mother’s Day. Carol

Birdminn at yahoo.com
Winona on the Mississippi