[Mnbird] Robin Song

cherise robb cheriserobb15 at gmail.com
Fri May 1 17:04:51 CDT 2020

Hello, all. I have noticed something this spring that is rather odd to me.
Being a blind person, I am very aware of sound and        use my ears to
identify birds. When the robins arrived in March, they were singing their
territorial song. However, when the cold weather hit in April, their singing
eventually ceased. Even though the weather has warmed up considerably and
we've gotten some rain, there is still very little singing. The usual
morning chorus of robins before dawn is virtually absent. This is puzzling
to me. Has anyone else noticed this? If so, what could be the cause? Thank
you for your feedeback.

Cherise Robb, Waite Park, MN