[Mnbird] Bluebird timing

DONALD GRUSSING Owner cdrussin at centurylink.net
Mon Jun 22 16:56:30 CDT 2020

A neighborhood bluebird was feeding young in our yard two days ago. I believe this is the same pair that tried to nest several weeks ago but something removed the eggs (house wren).

The bluebirds, robins, brown thrashers, house finches, chickadees, woodpeckers, cardinals, and many unidentified are feasting on fruit of the Mulberry trees in the yard. They are messy, nasty, strange trees that are magnets for fruit eating bird. Every home should have a couple. As soon as their fruit is gone the Nanny Berry bushes will fruit and keep them coming.

Only the deer are eating the numerous Elderberry fruits at present.

Don Grussing
Minnetonka