[Mnbird] A surfeit of blue jays

Pamela Freeman gleskarider at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 16:20:16 CST 2020

Ah, very true. We did have a large red oak acorn mast this fall, and the
hazelnuts were plentiful, as well, around the yard and this area. So that
may help account for their numbers. We also counted a flicker on our CBC
tally, and have been seeing one hanging about our 'yard' as well. (Our yard
encompasses a larger area than most suburban ones, and also more variety of
habitat, but I use yard as the word to describe what I can see from the
windows of our house and the areas surrounding the house.
I know that flickers are not untold to be here during the winter, there are
reportings of them, but I have never seen one in midwinter before.

- Pamela
Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to
accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. - Unknown

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
― Aldo Leopold
I am one who cannot.