[Mnbird] grackle

Tami Vogel tvogel at wrcmn.org
Fri Dec 4 12:50:26 CST 2020

We have one, and just one lol, adult grackle that show up every fall and stays through the winter. It showed up a week or so ago. This will be it's fourth year w us. It brings young in the late summer and then disappears to reappear in late Nov/early December. No sign of the young in the winter, always here alone.

It eats the suet, pecks around at the mixed seed and peanuts, and drinks from the heated baths.

I'm only assuming it's the same bird - it's not banded - but since we have one and only one in the winter and then for a couple weeks in the summer (w the exception of it's fledglings) I'm pretty sure it's the same bird.

Gorgeous day to be birding!

Regards,
Tami in Afton