[Mnbird] Non-stop hummingbirds 8/1-3

carol schumacher birdminn at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 4 08:02:35 CDT 2020

What a show!  And more to come. Four window feeders on a 20+ foot stretch of our south side and 2 hanging feeders had multiple hummingbirds all day.  Males dominate and young birds are easily sexed from inside at the windows.

Blooming flowers like red salvia, petunias, phlox, day-lily, fushia, tomatoes, sunflowers  beneath and near the windows and on the adjacent decks also attract.  Perfect weather of 65 day 55 night with a sleep got nw breeze for a few days bring them south. They like to perch on tomato cages, trellises, branches and wires and our fountain.

Breakfast, lunch, dinner on the screen porch: perfect.   There is a sweet sitting spot on the porch where I can look through our living room.  With a slight turn of my head I can see 2 front window feeders and all six back feeders.

It’s been a joy!

Carol Schumacher
Winona, set back on the Mississippi bluffs