[Mnbird] From a yard in Freeborn County with nothing to recommend it but birds

Al Batt snoeowl at aol.com
Wed Apr 29 21:16:42 CDT 2020

 An Eastern Towhee delighted me with its presence. I'm sorry its name had to be changed from Rufous-sided Towhee. I named a faithful canine companion after the handsome bird. The dog didn't come when I called, "Eastern," so I changed her name to Towhee.
  The yard was where a Brown Thrasher repeated itself just as mature men tend to do. A Gray Catbird was surprisingly shut-mouthed. The plaintive whistling of White-throated Sparrows was alluring.
   It was show-and-tell for the sequestered.

Al Batt
Hartland