[Mnbird] Red Winged Blackbirds

Brian and Cindy Drill bcdrill at charter.net
Mon Apr 13 10:54:22 CDT 2020

Yesterday during our Easter snow we had quite the blackbird party going
on here.  A large flock of Red Wings, with a couple of random grackles,
were visiting our feeders mid-morning, front and back yards.  There was
the noisy trilling call of the Red Wings and a lot of carrying on; and
if something disturbed them they took off with a communal 'whump' of
wings. I saw a post on another site that someone else had taken a
picture in their yard, it might have been in the Twin Cities somewhere,
and they had a similar conclave but their flock was heavy on the the
grackles and starlings, but only a couple of Red Wings.  We had a
smaller visiting group again in the afternoon.  Cindy in North Mankato