[Mnbird] Bidding adieu to orioles in Freeborn County

Al Batt snoeowl at aol.com
Tue Sep 17 10:49:33 CDT 2019

  The sounds of young raccoons needled me from my sleep.
  I stumbled outside and fed the birds in the fading darkness. I have a loyal following of avian gourmands. Birds are cute so they can extort food from me. My feeders are busy. Bird populations can vary greatly from place to place and time to time. One yard's feeders aren't representative of all feeders in a state.
  I checked the jelly feeder. Catbirds are still feeding sporadically. I saw my last Baltimore oriole in the yard on September 11. I miss the orioles. I played Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way" in their memory.

Al Batt

“If you judge people, you don't have time to love them.”--Mother Teresa
http://twitter.com/batt_allen