[Mnbird] Fall Flocks

Brian and Cindy bcdrill at charter.net
Wed Oct 23 14:54:45 CDT 2019

Good afternoon all.  Today has brought some larger numbers of migrating
birds into the back yard, stopping at the small pond. This morning there
was a nice group of mixed robins and cedar waxwings jockeying for a spot
to drink, the first waxwings that have been here since very early
spring.  We spent some time doing yard work so that kept all but the
most persistent visitors from dropping in, but since we left the back
yard we are once again seeing robins. Currently there is a large flock
of common grackles in a neighbors tall tree with frequent individuals
dropping down into the yard and then returning to the group.  They
appear to be discussing the weather in a loud and enthusiastic manor up
there. Cindy in North Mankato