[Mnbird] No flickers are colliding with deer in Freeborn County

Al Batt snoeowl at aol.com
Sat Oct 19 10:43:41 CDT 2019

  House Finches filled a good share of the perches on the yard's feeders. A male Purple Finch shone as brightly as a red maple leaf on this rainy day.
  The ground moved in White-throated Sparrows, their plaintive whistles evoking memories of past Octobers. Juncos were here and there, wherever they could find proper footing to do the dance of a chicken.
  Flickers hit the ground a-hammering. Information from State Farm insurance said a Minnesota driver has a 1 in 64 chance of colliding with an animal. The most likely time is Oct., Nov. and Dec. when deer spend too much time crossing roads.
  My immediate concern was that a flicker didn't collide with a window of my house. It's happened before. I do what I can to prevent such sad occurrences.

Al Batt
Freeborn County

“If you judge people, you don't have time to love them.”--Mother Teresa
http://twitter.com/batt_allen