[Mnbird] Fall Sparrows!

Brian and Cindy bcdrill at charter.net
Thu Oct 3 15:57:05 CDT 2019

Greetings.  Of course it would coincide with my trying to move plants
indoors for the cold weather.  The neighbors back lilac hedge is busy
with white throat sparrows and chickadees.  I filled the ground feeder
with cracked corn and millet blend (cheep seed) to the delight of them,
a cardinal and 2 squirrels.  I topped off the other feeders and put out
a suet block.  My seed bin in the garage needs replenishing.

Aside from the above mentioned birds, a little wren nearly landed on my
foot while I was hauling a large plant towards shelter (I perhaps was
somewhat camouflaged at the time).  A Nashville Warbler made a startled
stop on the gazebo roof; and the back yard feeder has multiple house
finches that appear to still be barely out of the nest, still sporting
little feather tufts above the eyes.  I may have seen a Harris sparrow
in the lilac as well, but it hasn't come to ground for a positive ID.
I'll keep watching--Cindy in North Mankato