[Mnbird] RIP Fred Lesher

Dedrick Benz benzdedrick at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 16 18:35:21 CST 2019

Hi everyone,
I just learned through Facebook of the passing of Fred Lesher. While he lived in La Crosse, WI since 1965, for decades he birded Houston County, MN probably more than anyone until recent years. He and I birded a little together in the late 90s and early 2000s including travelling together to guide for the Detroit Lakes Birding Festival which I have fond memories of. I won't be able to make the service but perhaps some of you can.

Details on tomorrow's service and Fred's obituary can be viewed here:
https://obituaries.lacrossetribune.com/obituary/frederick-lesher-1077797500

Over 40 years of his birding journals are viewable online at the UWL Murphy Library website:
https://digitalcollections.uwlax.edu/jsp/RcWebBrowse.jsp;jsessionid=8895F7436720D69CA9B6A41CC1B6CD3F

Dedrick Benz
Winona, MN