[Mnbird] Loggerhead Shrike, Dakota C (Rosemount)

linda whyte birds at moosewoods.us
Wed Jul 3 11:56:51 CDT 2019

I'm watching a Loggerhead Shrike hunt from the utility line along Akron
Ave. just south of 145th St. This is at the west fence of the Ames Soccer
complex of Dakota Technical College, right across from the gravel entrance
to the mining area. I would avoid getting too close, because at one point,
the bird seemed to duck into a small evergreen at the roadside, with food
in its beak. It appears to be hunting in the grassy area to the west.
Linda Whyte