[Mnbird] Fox Sparrows!

Pamela Freeman gleskarider at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 09:42:37 CST 2018

I had to wipe my eyes and shake my head as I perceived that a patch of
leaves was moving oddly, swishing back and forth and now and then
percolating up.
Then I realized, upon focusing, that it was a small flock (flockette?
flocklet?) of fox sparrows, busily kicking and scratching in the leaves as
they do. They blended in so well with the mostly oak and some faded maple
leaves and dogwood that I could barely make them out at first. It looked as
if the leaves themselves were animated!
Made me smile. They resembled nothing so much as russet balls with tiny
stick legs and tiny beaks, their wings folded to mold against their ballish
bodies.

Northern Anoka country - Oak Grove
Pamela Freeman
- Pamela
Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to
accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. - Unknown

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
― Aldo Leopold
I am one who cannot.