[Mnbird] heated bird bath question

Susan Kennedy smkennedy_mn at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 16 05:44:14 CST 2018

I have a very popular heated bird bath, with many species coming for a drink in the below freezing weather.  This year it is very busy with the large number of robins staying the winter eating hackberries.  I see that the non-native house sparrows and starlings will sometimes bathe in the very cold weather, but not the native ones.  I never see frozen birds after this happens, so does this mean that they survive the bathing?  It seems an odd sight in the very cold weather.
Susan Kennedy in SW Mpls.