[Mnbird] Duck-apolusa in Bloomington!

Steve Elkins elkinsecon at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 23:16:15 CDT 2018

The ice-free west end of Lake Normandale in Bloomington must have been duck heaven, this afternoon, because I saw almost 20 species in perfect light, this afternoon. I'm talking about "easy to distinguish between greater and lesser Scaup" good light! The stars of the show were a pair of Common Loons in full mating behavior!

The final tally:
@Greater Scaup
@Lesser Scaup
@Wood Duck