[Mnbird] Snowstorm birds

Roger Everhart everhart at blackhole.com
Mon Apr 16 08:41:11 CDT 2018

Hey everyone,

     Hope you're all dug out from the weekend. As the snow fell I spent the whole storm watching my feeders and it occurs to me that a bad day for birds can be a good day for birdwatchers. My feeders were very busy and by sunset Sunday (or at least dark), I had had 18 species of birds in my yard. All the expected locals but also a flock of Common Redpolls, Song Sparrow, 2 Fox Sparrows, a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Cooper's Hawk and 2 Mallards. No Yellow-rumps but I did have friends nearby that had one show up at a feeder. It will really be interesting to watch the feeders over the next couple of days to see if it stays as busy as it has been.

Good Birding!

Roger Everhart

Apple Valley, MN