[Mnbird] Cooper cjhase

DONALD GRUSSING Owner cdrussin at centurylink.net
Thu May 11 11:24:05 CDT 2017

This morning for about 10 minutes a Cooper's Hawk chased a crow around my yard and neighboring yards. Just inches apart. I've never seen that before. The hawk was in hot pursuit and the crow was moving at speed. The chase went through the trees, with much turning and twisting. Within 10 yards of my window a couple of times. Just the opposite of the chases one sees when crows are in pursuit of hawks. I don't know what the Cooper's would have done it it had caught the crow, as it was quite a bit smaller.

Makes me think the Cooper's might be nesting nearby which is worrisome because for the first time in years Bluebirds are looking like they are going to nest in my yard.

Don Grussing
Minnetonka