[Mnbird] New Migrants

Cherise Robb cheriserobb15 at gmail.com
Wed May 10 11:06:02 CDT 2017

Yesterday brought a flood of new migrants to St. Cloud. The first orioles
showed up on 5/8. The next day the rose-breasted grosbeaks, warbling vireo,
catbird and assorted warblers were heard singing. I also heard an
unidentified vireo; I know it wasn't a yellow-throated or a red-eyed vireo.
I'll have to get out my sound recordings to see if I can identify what it
was. Still have a few white-throated sparrows hanging around. A couple of
wild turkeys have been seen eating out of my ground feeder. I love the sound
of spring. It brings such joy to my heart!

Cherise Robb, Waite Park, Stearns Co.