[Mnbird] 18 Warbler species Tuesday Hok Si La

Margevicius, Thomas S. TSMARGEVICIU at stthomas.edu
Tue May 9 16:09:12 CDT 2017

Greetings birders.
Fr. Paul Kammen and I spent 5 hours at Hok Si La park (near Lake City, MN) Tuesday morning May 9 and identified 78 species, including 18 warblers (Prothonotary near the drive into the parking lot; several golden-winged; Canada; numerous others), 2 vireos (yellow-throated, warbling), 5 flycatchers (great-crested, phoebe, pewee, willow, least-all vocalizing), 4 thrushes (wood, Swainson's, bluebird, robin), and filled our quota of swallows.
They're on their way!
Fr. Tom Margevičius
University of St. Thomas

[University of St. Thomas : All for the Common Good]<http://www.stthomas.edu/e>