[Mnbird] Osprey Watch

Vanessa Greene osprey.mn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 10:53:53 CDT 2017

The Ospreys will be returning to their nests in the twin cities area within the next few days or weeks and Twin Cities Metro Osprey Watch needs your help. This is our annual plea  to please report new nests or osprey activity in the eight county metro area  to us. We are trying to monitor all know nests in Hennepin, Ramsey, Carver, Washington, Anoka, Wright, Dakota and Scott counties as part of a long term study on these raptors. We are also seeking volunteers to help monitor these nests. (122 known occupied nests last year, which included 13 new nests.) We are assembling our field teams now so If you are interested in helping us by checking a nest once a week through the breeding season, please contact Vanessa Greene at osprey.mn at gmail.com. You can find more info, including last years productivity and behavioral results, on our facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/Twin-Cities-Metro-Osprey-Watch-218968924786696/?ref=hl) or our blog... www.ospreywatch.blogspot.com
Please feel free to share this post with anyone who might be interested in joining this research effort. Thanks!

Vanessa Greene
Twin Cities Metro Osprey Watch
Osprey.mn at gmail.com
Osprey watch.blogspot.com