[Mnbird] green laser pointer

Stephen Greenfield tapaculo at outlook.com
Wed Jun 7 08:04:15 CDT 2017

I have a “Laser 303” green laser pointer (532nm 5mw) that was much cheaper than that, but works fine. Looking again at Amazon, for some reason they are all listed as “housings” only, but it’s also offered on gearbest.com, etc. I pride myself on giving good directions to a bird, but must admit this is far more effective!

Be warned that mine arrived with an unexpected (and undesired) bonus: a cap that makes the light come out in a starburst pattern. You just unscrew and discard the cap.

As for “minimal disruption to the bird”, good practice is to never shine it close to the bird, to avoid scaring them off as well as any chance of harm (but green lasers are nowhere near as dangerous as red).
Steve Greenfield
Minneapolis

---